Volunteers don't necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.
Art Volunteers Needed!- 2019-2020 Sign Up coming soon!
Volunteers may help with an assortment of activities, including set-up, opening things for the kids, answering questions, helping students follow directions from the teacher, and by encouraging positive behavior just by being an additional adult presence in the room. While cleanup help may be necessary at times, we actually prefer that volunteers encourage the students to learn to clean up their own space along the way. This will help foster teamwork at the tables and create more responsible art citizens. Most importantly have some fun with the class!
Join a Committee or Lead a Committee
With everyone's help, we can make this another GREAT year at Fairview. We are always in need of volunteers for various committees and events throughout the year. We will be asking for volunteers to fill committees for the 2018-19 school year. Don't worry! You are not committing to a specific event or number of hours. You will just be added to the contact list for that committee and will be contacted by the committee chair when help is needed.
Sign Up Genius coming soon!
Please consider taking a leadership role as a committee chairperson for the 2018-2019 school year. To view what positions are still vacant see our Contacts & Committee page. Questions about a particular position? View the descriptions and responsibilities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sign up for Watch D.O.G.S.!
Watch D.O.G.S. stands for Dads of Great Students and is an initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures to provide positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security. At least once a school year, each dad (or father-figure) can volunteer in their child's classroom; serving as a positive role model for the students and assisting the teacher as needed. Additionally, the presence of Watch D.O.G.S. at school events demonstrates that Fairview Elementary is a school whose father figures are present, interested, and looking out for all Fairview Falcons!
There are two ways to become involved:
- To volunteer for a Watch D.O.G.S. Day, send an email to WatchDOGS@FairviewPTA.org with the following information: 1) the name of teacher in whose class you would like to volunteer, 2) the date you would like to volunteer, and 3) whether you already own a Watch D.O.G.S. uniform t-shirt. For best results, submit your request at least 2 weeks before your preferred day, and keep in mind, Watch D.O.G.S. ends in May, so sign up early. We will confirm your date once the teacher has approved it. If your requested date does not work for the teacher, we will notify you and help you find an alternate date.
Preparing for your Watch D.O.G.S. day:
- Fairview Watch DOG days are 4 hours.
- Dads of children in grades K-3 will be attending in the afternoon, beginning their day with lunch and staying through dismissal.
- Dads of children in grades 4-6 will be attending in the morning, beginning their day at the start of school and ending their day after lunch.
- Watch D.O.G.S. Day Instructions - Read ahead to know what to expect.
- Watch D.O.G.S. Dad Rules - Please read and follow.
Only one dad at a time will be approved per classroom per week, so sign up early to save your spot!
2. If you are unable to participate in the Watch D.O.G.S. program by volunteering at the school during the day, we still have opportunities for you! Send an email to WatchDOGS@FairviewPTA.org to let us know you’re interested. We’ll include you on the Watch D.O.G.S. email distribution list where you will receive notification of evening and weekend opportunities as they come up!
Thanks for volunteering at Fairview!